Home   |   LCMS Home   |   Worship daily online >>     KFUO Radio   |   Bible Search   |   Daily Devotions

schedule | sermons
calendar | notify us
About us
staff | history | map
all | youth | music
tour our facilities 
Our Beliefs
read what we believe
Pre  |  K-8  |  9-12
Contact us
contact form
other sites  |  market

Church Office
Tel 618-532-2614
Fax 618-532-4110
Day School
Tel 618-532-5434
Fax 618-532-4277
Tel 618-533-5705


   Trinity Lutheran Church was established in 1892, a little over 50 years after the creation of the Missouri Synod.  The original church building was constructed that same year at the corner of Seventh and Hickory.
   A new $10,000 brick church was built in 1907, and  the present church and school was dedicated in 1958. 

Rev. E.A.  Knorr,  pastor 1897-1906
and Trinity's first church building.

Rev. W.G. Hussman,
pastor 1906-1926
with baptismal carved by
Adolph Rebstock's father   

   For the first few years of its existence, Trinity was a missionary church, served by visiting pastors from nearby congregations.
   Rev. E.A. Knorr was called to be the first fulltime pastor in 1897.

   Trinity Day School was established in 1897, with 21 students studying in an 18 x 24 room added to the church. 
   The school was moved to South Hickory and in 1908 Ed Struefert became the 1st fulltime teacher.  
   In 1926 Trinity Day School was accredited as an eighth grade institution.

Rev. F.A.C. Meyer,
pastor 1926 - 1944
and Trinity's 2nd church building.


Rev. Mark Girardin
Current Senior Pastor

See Pastor Mark's biography

Rev. Perry Schefelker
Current Associate Pastor

See Pastor Perry's biography 



Trinity church building today


Visit us at the corner of Pleasant Avenue and Route 161

return home

©Illinois Websites & Trinity Lutheran Church  
site compliments of
Illinois Websites